26 Apr 2011

Handmade gifts this Easter

My children are still young enough not to expect Chocolate Easter Eggs and I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as I can. Instead I made them both some handmade gifts; bowties for Joseph and hair bows for Lily. I started making these a while back and I have to say I am slightly addicted! I love how cute they look yet stylish too.
I've wanted to introduce clothing and accessories to the Noisette Kids range for some time so I'm thinking of making a few more and putting them in the shop. The bows can be worn in the hair or attached to clothing. They can easily be made into headbands too. The bowties are perfect for Summer parties, weddings and celebrations. I think it is nice for little boys to dress like boys rather than men and a bowtie in a cute playful fabric is more appealing to them whilst also being smart enough for more serious occasions like going to Church.
Of course we still had lots of chocolate! My Mother came to visit and she couldn't resist bringing some Chocolate Eggs so I'm not sure if I'll get away with just a handmade gift next year! I made a lovely cake which was perfect with coffee and broke up my Chocolate Egg to sprinkle on top.

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Isa! You're such a creative talent!!!
    I'm loving every inch of this post.

    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete